Our experience includes letting residential and commercial real estate as well as short-term holiday accommodation. We strive to provide excellent communication, a professional service, and competitive real estate services.
At Henley Property Sales we understand that property, like any investment, is only as good as its net annual return and capital appreciation. To maximise both, our objective is to ensure properties are maintained at optimum condition and presentation at a reasonable cost. We vet and select suitable tenants whilst achieving competitive market rental returns.
What can we do for you?
Assess your property’s current market rental
Before finding a tenant, Henley Property Sales will inspect and appraise your property at current market rental. We can also advise you of any refurbishments or maintenance that can attract a higher rental income and better quality tenants as well as any safety issues you may need to consider in relation to risk management.
Marketing your property for rent
There are several ways that we market rental properties. These include:
• Listing the property on the internet on 4 major websites including our own
• Checking our database of current prospective tenants
• Utilising our relationships with local organisations and companies to advertise your rental property.
• For Lease street signs
• Conducting “Open for Inspections” and “Inspections by Appointment”
Find and select suitable tenants
Because of our prominent office location and proactive marketing strategies, Henley Property Sales receives regular enquiries from reliable tenants wanting to rent the right property.
Prospective tenants are always accompanied to view properties.
If an interest is shown in the property, the tenants will then complete a detailed application form and extensive reference checks are performed. We then advise you by phone or email and allow you to make the final decision.
Prepare legal documents required by law under the Residential Tenancies Act
Before any tenant moves in, we prepare a legally enforceable Residential Tenancy Agreement and collect the 4 weeks Security Bond as well as 2 weeks rent in advance for residential properties. In addition to this, we will conduct a thorough inspection of the property and complete a detailed written report, including photos, of the condition of the property prior to the commencement of the tenancy. We also prepare an inventory of contents for tenants to sign.
As part of the Tenancy Agreement, rent is always payable in advance.
Regardless of the care taken, on very rare occasions, tenants fall into arrears. When this occurs a set procedure is instigated which includes the following:
• An initial polite ‘reminder’ email to the tenant when rent becomes 2 days overdue
• After five days we email again and phone
• After seven days overdue, a follow-up email, as well as a phone call and inspection of the property to ensure the tenant is still in possession
• After fourteen days, overdue (the minimum period required by the Residential Tenancies Act) a ‘Notice To Terminate Tenancy Agreement’ under the Residential Tenancies Act 2010 is served to the tenant requiring them to either bring their rental into credit or vacate the premises.
• A further application to the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal may be required to obtain an eviction. (We will carry out all of this should the need arise). Due to our extensive vetting process, we have not had to make an application to the Tribunal yet.
Properties are inspected, without fail, on a six monthly basis during the tenancy. Should there be cause for concern we will invoke our quarterly inspections, which is the maximum allowed under the Residential Tenancies Act.
Following each routine inspection, you will be given verbal or written feedback on:
• The general condition of the property
• The way the tenants are maintaining the property
• Any repair or maintenance required now or in the foreseeable future
Arrange Repairs and Maintenance
Repairs are attended to promptly. We engage reliable qualified tradespeople to attend to all types of repairs/maintenance.
We have a flexible system of maintenance to cover the requirements of owners who instruct us to attend to all maintenance matters on their behalf as well as for those who prefer to attend to these matters themselves. If requested we are happy to use specific tradespeople nominated by you.
Payments and Statements
You will receive a detailed owner statement every month including copies of invoices paid and a financial year statement.